How can we encourage students to advocate for their own needs, interests, and aspirations, as well as the interests of their classroom community?
- Group Role Activity
- Guiding Questions for discussion
- In what ways can we allow for more curiosity, questioning, risk-taking and reflection in our classrooms, as we give students opportunities to self-advocate and drive their own learning?
- What role does voice and agency play in the development of lifelong learners?
- How does the learner-centered classroom lead to increased self-advocacy and student leadership?
- Why are student-teacher and community relationships at the heart of personalized learning?
- Explore the resources below to fuel your conversation
- Use the collaboration tool at the right to share your thoughts